Katari Center – GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
Below is typical of an Ayahuasca Retreat agreement between Katari Center (the "Organizer") and the “Participant”.
1. The Participant agrees to take part in Ayahuasca and medicinal plant ceremonies with the Organizer and been advised that Ayahuasca is a visionary plant and is clear on the meaning for this.
2. The Organizer will do their utmost to ensure the safety and comfort of the Participant within the remit of the retreat. The Participant, in turn, agrees to exercise caution and consideration for him or herself and for others during this event and indemnifies the Organizer against claims for injury or loss.
3. The Participant has agreed to make any confidential disclosures (in writing) at the time of booking regarding their medical conditions and / or use of any medication. The Participant also agrees to notify the Organizer of any change in their medical circumstances.
4. The Organizer recommends that the Participant, prior to entry into this Agreement, seeks and obtains health or medical advice as to the effect of plants singularly and in combination with any medication they are taking.
5. The Participant avows that he or she is in a physical and mental condition appropriate to the activities described in this retreat and agrees to participate at his or her own risk. The responsibility for taking accurate and timely health precautions - alongside professional medical advice - is with the Participant.
6. The Participant agrees that he/she must notify us in writing if they are taking any of the following medications:
- any MAOIs (Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitor); any SSRIs (Selective Serotonin Re-uptake Inhibitor); amphetamines (meth-, dex-, amphetamine);
- anti-hypertensives (high blood pressure medicine) appetite suppressants (diet pills); medicine for asthma, bronchitis, or other breathing problems antihistamines, medicines for colds, sinus problems, hay fever, or allergies (Actifed DM, Benadryl, Benylin, Chlor-Trimeton, Compoz, etc.); CNS (central nervous system) depressants; antipsychotics.
7. Should any attendee decide to leave a retreat organized by Katari Center prematurely, for any reason, Katari Center is not responsible for any reimbursement of monies or for denouncements by the attendee.
8. Katari Center neither consents to nor will it supervise any activities we deem dangerous. That includes tree climbing, swimming in the river, exploring the deep jungle alone, swimming in the pools at night.
9. Participants will respect the group and individuals, on the retreat, at all times. Overt negativity or disruptive negativity directed to the staff and / or the group or individuals detracts from the experience of the others. We reserve the right to expel any individual who is acting in an excessively negative manner disrupting the group and/or the shaman.
10. During the course of a 14 day retreat, if a participant’s behavior presents a threat to the safety of themselves or others, we reserve the right to physically restrain the guest and/or expel them from the retreat. Guest restraint will be conducted as gently as possible and with respect for the dignity of the guest.
11. There must be no sexual activity whatsoever between participants and/or staff during a trip. This includes married couples. Should you develop a sexual or romantic interest in another person, we respectfully request that you delay any sexual contact / activity until the trip is over. This prevents the potentially dangerous crossing of energetic fields which can result from sexual behavior while engaged in Ayahuasca ceremonies. Sexual abstinence must be maintained seven days before your first and seven days after your last Ayahuasca ceremony.
12. Katari Center reserves the right to expel without refund any guest who breaks any of these rules.
13. It is essential that you abstain from eating pork at least 2 weeks before you attend a retreat. Consumption of pork or pork products is not allowed during the stay or until 2 weeks after your last ceremony. You must abstain from drinking alcohol and taking any narcotics 1 week before a workshop. Alcohol or narcotics (including marijuana) are not allowed at the retreat lodge at any time. They must be abstained from for a minimum of 1 week after your last ceremony.
14. The participant understands that this kind of retreat involves many risks, and agrees to take full responsibility for all risks involved, understanding that the organizer is not liable for any claims of injury/ harm or loss.
15. The participant understands that there are plenty of environmental conditions/ problems in the jungle for which we cannot plan, and the participant acknowledges that there is a risk in this. The participant agrees that Katari Center is not liable to pay any extra expenses for any delays or problems that are caused due to environmental conditions that are beyond our control such as earthquakes/ landslides etc. Any losses or delays caused by these will be covered fully by the participant, and no refund will be given for days of the retreat lost due to environmental disaster.
16. The participant understands that Katari Center is not liable for any injury/ harm/ loss of any participant that may occur during or after the retreat. By purchasing a retreat with Katari Center and signing our contracts, the participant expresses full understanding of and responsibility for the risks that they may encounter during this retreat. The participant absolves Katari Center, its owners, and employees of said responsibility.
In order to participate in any of the programs offered by KATARI CENTER, it is understood that you are responsible for the following: - Valid health insurance - Vaccinations or other preparation necessary for entering the region - Also it is understood that KATARI CENTER cannot be held responsible for: - Any natural and unfortunate encounter with the jungle - Any change in schedule before or after the programs have started if the - organizers find it necessary to do so - Any health problem encountered during your participation in any of the programs - Any guarantee of the results or effects of any of the plants used for treatment given that every person is different and reactions may be different. - Please note that there will be no money reimbursed once the programs have started. - I have understood and have fully read the Katari Information Document